Photo Purge

 Since I just love the process of transferring photos to the blog so much *rolls eyes*, I thought I'd just get it over with and compile a few random photos here with captions, paragraphs, or stories as the case may be.

This is probably one of my favorite photos I'll put here! My siblings and I were all able to come celebrate my mom's 87th birthday on July 17. These are the kinds of pictures I know I will treasure for years to come. I'm so thankful for each one pictured here--they are dear to my heart!

Our cat Willow had 2 kittens at the end of June. I don't know about you, but I think kittens are my favorite baby animal (although bunnies are sweet too!). The white one is a female and the gray tiger one is a male. We plan to sell them when they are 8+ weeks old, but my kids are going to be sad! Me too, if I'm honest, but we don't want to turn into the cat people.  

Speaking of pets, Eden has been begging for a dog. She loves dogs of all kinds, and wants to touch/play with any dog she sees. I have been encouraging her to pray for a dog, because God can help us find just the right dog for us if it's His will. (Dogs are not my favorite. Myriad reasons, too many to discuss here) So the other day she asked me again why we don't get a dog, and I asked her if she had been praying about it. So we bowed our heads right there and she prayed the following: "Dear God, please help us to get a dog that doesn't poop or bark, and help everyone to like him and help him run and get sticks that we throw."

I'll let you know if we find a dog like that, because that would be my dog! :)


When we were staying with Josh's parents in CT last month, I was looking in the closet for a laundry basket, and stumbled upon my wedding dress! I had forgotten it was in there. Josh asked me to try it on so I did. That's me not breathing, saying through clenched teeth, "Take the picture, I have to get this thing OFF!" It was so tight!! But fun to remember wearing it with a much younger face 18 and a half years ago.


We are in the Keys right now, and I really should devote a whole post to our adventures in Big Pine Key, but for now here's a photo of one of the beautiful sunsets here. The sunsets here are just gorgeous--so many colors and it's different every night. I'm so thankful for the artwork that God actively creates on a daily basis!

Comments

Ruth said…
I've never aspired to owning a camper, but I have to say it crossed my mind this summer with during a pandemic, that would come in very handy! I'm glad you guys have been able to enjoy it this summer. As for the dog, my kids also really, really want one - especially Nadia. My issue is the "needing to be walked" regularly which is problematic if no one is at home for 12+ hours straight. I'm much more of a cat person though. Your kittens are so cute!!!! And kudos that you can fit your wedding dress 18.5 years later! I'm sure many women couldn't do that. It doesn't look tight in the photo. :) Are you still sending your kids to school in light of the pandemic? Now I'm sitting here wondering..... And yes, I think the response to COVID-19 is much worse than the virus itself.

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth