Eden's Second Birthday




Eden Annelise turns two years old tomorrow! Just for fun, I went back and looked at my post about Noah's 2nd birthday and Seth's as well. There are a lot of similarities between her and the boys, though she is her own person for sure! Here are some fun facts about Eden.

1. She's a big girl! She's wearing 4T size clothes, and size 7-8 shoes. Her hair is really long and thick for a two-year-old, too, and people often think she's 3.

2.  She talks almost non-stop (like Noah did), and we can understand most of what she says. She speaks in simple full sentences. On a recent Wednesday night we were singing in church, and after the song was over, she looked up at me and said, "I like that song!" She'll also say, "I love you too!" if you say "I love you" to her. She can repeat anything you ask her to say.

3. She's starting to report on what her brothers are doing, much to Noah's chagrin. :) He says, "I can't get away with anything anymore!"

4. Her favorite foods include spaghetti, yogurt, blueberries, and chocolate.

5. Eden spent the first almost-two-years of her life not being one iota interested in most toys. She always preferred someone's actual phone, keys, makeup, or what-have-you. Also Batteries, coin money, sharpie markers, pill bottles (EEK!), wipes, tissues...you know, the good stuff. Now she has started to enjoy playing with a baby doll. Hooray! She likes her baby to eat at the table with us, and go for walks in the stroller. I even caught her spanking her baby once!

6.  Her favorite book at the minute is Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? which we have all read to her dozens of times now.

7.  Only in the last week has Eden given any attention to t.v. Just this morning she actually watched 6 minutes of Little Baby Bum (a nursery rhyme song show) while I was making breakfast. It was only 6 minutes, but they were glorious; every second. :) 

8. She could be potty trained if I took the time, but so far the only opening in my calendar is about when she graduates from high school. I think I'll have time then. HA! Hopefully before then she'll figure it out.  Currently, if I catch her in the act of using her diaper (*ahem), she says, "Don't look at me, Mommy." So. There's that.

9.  This last one is more about me, and it is a confession : It is hard for me not to wish away these "little" years. I feel like I have been doing the Little Kid Thing forever. Eleven years, to be exact. Eleven years of nap times, spills, potty accidents, short attention spans, disastrous messes, and chaos. One minute I can't believe Eden is already two, and the next I feel like she should be twelve. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth