Mother's Day Gift

This Mother's Day, Josh's gift to me was to take one for the team--our team.  Both Seth and Eden came down with fevers yesterday, and so they had to stay home from church with someone today. While normally I am the obvious choice, I was scheduled for nursery duty during Sunday School, and felt bad about cancelling last minute.  So we decided I would go to Sunday School and then come home and relieve Josh, and he would attend the main service.  But then he remembered that there was to be a special Mother's Day lunch afterward, and he would feel incredibly dumb there by himself enjoying the food (and cheesecake!) while I was at home with 2 sick kids.  So as I was heading out the door, he told me just to stay the whole time! That was so sweet of him, don't you think?  I worked in the nursery (just one baby in there today!), enjoyed hearing Noah sing in the children's choir, listened to a really good message from Prov 31, and sat down to eat my salad and cheesecake in peace, where I enjoyed an actual adult conversation.  It was probably the best Mother's Day present I could have asked for!  Thank you, Josh!


Comments

Jen said…
Way to go, Josh! Did he also pick out the beautiful flowers that were at church? Loved those! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth