Worth It

In parenting, sometimes I wonder if all the everything is worth it--will be worth it--in the end.  And then I have a conversation like the one below, and it is. Worth it, I mean.

Me, getting Seth ready for pseudo naptime (you know, where I put him down and he doesn't sleep, but it makes me feel better to do so anyway?).  I sing "Away in a Manger". All three verses.  Afterward,

Seth: "Why Jesus have no bed?"

Me: "Well, there was no room for Him in any of the hotels. God planned it that way, and Jesus had to be born with all the animals."

Seth: "He should come sleep in my bed!"

I tell you, it makes all the stuff I deal with on a regular basis worth it.  

Comments

Ruth said…
Conversations like that definitely are heart melting! What a sweetie. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth