Post-Valentine's Day Recap

I didn't decorate for Valentine's Day this year; I didn't have to.  Seth, or somebody else with grody hands, inadvertently did that for me.  Exhibit A:


Aw, come on, I know you see it too-- a heart-shaped fingerprint/face plant mess on the window pane.  Happy Valentine's Day!  I know all you moms are smiling.  I haven't washed it off yet. :)

In other news, and perhaps because of the picture above, Josh took me on a much-needed romantic getaway on Friday night. Just the two of us.  We stayed on Amelia Island at the Omni Resort.  Oh, my.  Exhibit B:


 
That was the view from our balcony!  That's the ocean!  It was absolutely gorgeous in every way.  We had a fantastic time away for one night where we could eat our meals and actually converse, and remember who we are as a couple for a few hours.  Many thanks to Mom Rowley, who stayed with our kids so we could do this.

And finally, proving that love is blind(ing), Exhibit C:


This was taken from our room's balcony, where the sun was behind us providing plenty of light, and my camera flash still went off anyway.  Who knows.  But we were together and happy, so there you go.

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth