Another Go 'round with IVF

It's that time again!  Time to muster up the courage, more emotional energy than I can shake a stick at, and lots and lots of prayer as we pursue IVF once again to try to expand our family.  Prayer is really why I've decided to post about this at all; I need me some prayer warriors!  If you think of it, please do pray for us as we begin IVF for the fourth time.  This time, since we are doing a Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET for short), it will still involve plenty of medication and an extreme emotional rollercoaster ride, just not quite as many shots or doctor appointments (for which I am thankful!).

We are ready to do this.  Noah is seven, Seth is almost two, and I'm not getting any younger either!  We would love to have one more baby, and we have committed to doing this "last" round of IVF, so here we go!

Here's our tentative timeline:
Now thru mid-Sept  Take first type of medication, gradually increasing the dosage.
Mid-Sept  Have blood work and ultrasound appointment, receive protocol for the rest of the cycle.
Begin second type of medication, which involves shots. That I give to myself. Gulp.
Embryo transfer usually takes place between 1-3 days after ultrasound.
1 day of bed rest (the silver lining in this whole process!)
2 weeks of torture waiting.

I feel all the usual pre-IVF jitters, but added into the mix this time is a little bit of ambivalence.  This is probably due to the fact that I now have two children AND am homeschooling for the first time ever, so I don't have too much excess time to dwell on the gravity of the whole thing.  I don't want to underplay my opportunity to pray, though!  I know that IVF is always such an uncertainty, but I also know that God is already certain of the outcome, and it WILL be for good, whatever it is.

We have been reading a book about George Mueller, who was encouraged in his prayer life when he would share his prayer requests with others and they would get to share in the joy of seeing God answer. So would you join me in prayer this month as we try to grow our family?  So many people have prayed for us in the past, and that was always such a blessing to us, just knowing we had others bringing our concerns before our Heavenly Father.  It makes the possible disappointment easier to bear, and the possible joy that much sweeter when we share it with those who were praying.  Thank you!

Comments

Carrie said…
Love you!! and will be definitely be excitedly praying!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth