Busy Summer


I blinked and this summer is almost over.  I can't remember a summer that was more jammed full of birthday parties, trips North, Vacation Bible School work, visitors, and so on.  We are staring down a week of family camp at The Wilds, and then I have one week (one. week.) to do my final preparations before I belly flop dive into homeschooling.  I'm white-knuckled on the edge of that diving board, with deep fingernail prints in the palms of my hands.  The board looks higher from up here.  Nervous?  Who, me?

And so I'm praying lots of things: that I won't turn Noah off to the joys of learning, that I will not stink at teaching, that I will keep my cool, that I will be able to handle both teaching Noah and corralling Seth, that this will be fun and one of the best decisions we have made.  Those are tall orders, seeing them there in print.  I'm thankful tonight that my God specializes in tall orders. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth