Don't Cry

Sometimes I wonder at the Lord's ways.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways
And My thoughts than your thoughts."  Isaiah 55:8-9

I find myself, less than eight weeks after my miracle pregnancy and subsequent miscarriage, miscarrying again.  Another miraculous pregnancy, another miscarriage, right on the heels of the last one.  I don't really have all that much to say about all this that I haven't already said in my previous post...  

Except this.  I don't think it's a coincidence at all that the very day I began miscarrying this time, Seth said his first complete thought; a two-word sentence.  "Don't cry."  Clear as day, from the mouth of my little 19-month-old son, a precious reminder to my aching heart that God has this too under His sovereign control. Thank you, Lord.

(We have an appointment with the doctor on Wednesday that I would love your prayers for, as you remember to pray.)

Comments

Carrie said…
exciting and so sad at the same time. I will be praying. There was a song that was a great encouragement to me as I went through my miscarriages. It was on the Galkins "By Faith" CD. Here are the words "If I call, will You come
When I cry, do You hear
I believe every tear
Is caught up by a faithful God
So I will cry until You come
Cast my cares into Your arms
I can't see past this storm
But I'm counting on a faithful God

CHORUS
Faithful God
You hold my life secure
All my days are Yours
I believe
My God is like a fire defending me
Faithfully

VERSE 2
I believe You still heal
And demons still bow
I'm convinced there is power
In trusting in a faithful God
So I will praise till You appear
And set Your foot upon this shore
I declare that every foe
Is subject to my faithful God

I know that You are mine
And I am Yours, I am Yours
I know Your faithfulness
It will endure, it will endure"

Melanie said…
I echo Carrie's thoughts exactly. I'm sooo sorry.

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth