Calling My Name

Few things call my name quite as persistently as this blog does; not that you'd ever know it from my posting frequency!  The fact remains, that at this season of my life, there are More Important Things (or maybe just Louder Things) that vie for my attention.  My husband and kids.  My house.  The impending responsibility of homeschooling Noah (gulp) and all the preparation that goes into that. Et cetera.

Even so, this blog is important to me, and I find that I can't ignore it indefinitely no matter how many more floors need to be scrubbed and loads of laundry need to be folded.  Documenting our lives is important too, and so I have finally sat down to write about it.

I'll start with a cliche':  The boys are growing up so fast!  Everybody's kids grow up so fast, but these are ours, and I don't want to miss it!

Noah still talks almost incessantly about anything and everything, and asks dozens (feels like millions) of questions each day.  He has started trying to tell jokes. :) We have entered the phase (at least I hope it's a phase!) that I think must be hard-wired into boys where all things bodily fascinate him; and the cruder the better.  I'll spare you the specifics, but he LOVES to make sound effects and laughs uproariously at them.  We are working on this with lots and LOTS of emphasis on our conversation being edifying. :)  Noah also loves to read, and I am really looking forward to selecting his reading material for school next year.  He recently picked up an abridged version of Robinson Crusoe, which he has been devouring whenever he has a spare minute.

Seth is my loose cannon these days.  We call him "Cheerful Charlie" because most of the time he is anything but cheerful.  This is a hard age, 19 months; it's full of frustration, destruction and messes.  I remember this stage with Noah, and how I used to try to avoid going into any store with him for longer than 10 minutes.  Meltdowns abound.  We are working on this too!  We pray a LOT. :)  Seth loves his tricycle, and is always happy if he is on a motorcycle or 4-wheeler with his daddy.  He says several words now, his most recent new words are: "marble", "motorcycle", "tractor", and "flower".

And now my bed is calling my name louder than anything else.  Sad, because I was just getting started!  Well, maybe I can do this again soon.  You've heard that before!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth