And It's June!

So...the last few weeks.  We've had a lot going on--we loaded up our car and took a major road trip to New Jersey for my niece Susan's wedding on May 26, then continued on and spent a week in Connecticut before loading up and returning home.  That doesn't sound like a lot summed up like that in a single sentence, but it was jam-packed.  And very fun.  Some of my family I hadn't seen in a few years, and it was SO GOOD to see them again.

Here are some of the photos from the New Jersey portion of our trip.

Most of my family. 


The happy couple, Mike and Susan


Love that Noah can still sleep in the car!


The Chesapeake Bay Bridge.  Very cool.  You feel like you're going to drive right across the ocean.


Never get tired of this


Or this.




Waiting for the wedding to start.  That's me and Rachel, another of my nieces.  Yes, we're the same age.  My family is funny like that. :)


Bubbles!


I'd heard about ice sculptures, but had never seen one in real life.  This swan took my breath away.  That was before Noah decided he wanted to lick it.  Oh, yes he did! :)


Noah and Samuel (his second-cousin). Noah found his new BFF.


Samuel's parents, my niece Marisa and husband Simon.  They were so kind to let us stay with them to break up our trip.  Loved catching up with them!


My mom and me.  You want to know why I'm smiling weird? I'll tell you: seconds before this pic was taken, Josh informed me that I had something black in my teeth, and I was trying to hide it.  Honesty is always my policy on this blog, in case you were wondering. :)


Connecticut pics to follow in another post.

Comments

Ruth said…
Glad you had a great trip!
Laura said…
Wonderful pictures, Joanna! You look very happy, relaxed, and peaceful. So glad that you had a lovely trip. Looking forward to seeing you Sunday!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth