(Un)Motivated Mom

(me at 8weeks. I can see a bump. ;)


For the past year or so I have been following a housecleaning plan, with great success, called Motivated Moms.  This lady is great!  She takes all the household chores (and I do mean all) and divvies them up so that you do a little each day--maybe an hour total--and you never have to face an entire day of cleaning your house from top to bottom.

Only trouble is, lately since morning sickness hit, I've been rather...unmotivated.  It's Freezer Food City around here at supper time (ie: what can I pull out of the freezer and stick directly into the oven that I don't have to look at or smell?).  Cleaning up the kitchen after a meal likewise is less-than-appealing, and so recently I had to buckle down and Just Do It after it had been a mess for *cough* days.  And dusting? Cleaning the bathrooms? I think a nap sounds much better.  I trust that once I hit the second trimester, things will get better.  But in the meantime, I've been trying to hold down the fort (and my lunch) one day at a time.  Enough about that--what else have we been up to?

*Lots of fun get-togethers with the neighborhood kids.  Bike rides, backyard play dates....

*Easter was pretty laid-back around here.  We didn't do any of the normal festivities, though I've gotten some great ideas for next year!

*The weather has been Absolutely Gorgeous this spring, so we've been having a lot of picnic lunches out on our front lawn.

*Noah is about to go on his First Ever Field Trip to the zoo tomorrow!  I think he's actually more excited to ride on the school bus en route!  He's waited his whole life to ride on a school bus.  Depending on how I'm feeling, I will try to join them and take some pictures.

*Josh is staying busy!  He recently bought a house not too far from here, and he took Noah to work there one morning when Noah didn't have school.  That's good for both of them. :)

*We've been having some food battles over here lately.  Noah claiming he's way too full to squeeze in another bite, and then an hour later begging for fruit snacks or some other unhealthy treat (I notice it's never the potato he left on his plate that he pleads for!).  After a parent-to-parent talk, Josh and I decided Some Things were going to be different.  Below is a picture of Noah after he cleaned his plate this week for the first time in several meals!


Comments

Marmee said…
So glad all is well. I know the nausea of pregnancy is bittersweet. Hang in there!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth