The World of Pooh (and other recent reads)

Noah has decided he LOVES chapter books.  Since finishing Runaway Ralph in October, we moved on to Charlotte's Web in November, which he loved, by the way.  The part at the end where Templeton got strings from Charlotte's egg sac stuck in his teeth had Noah in stitches!  In December, we read The Boxcar Children (which he endearingly kept calling, "The Caboose Children.") and Noah enjoyed that one too.

So far his favorite--as judged by the frequency and loudness of his laughter-- is The World of Pooh, by A. A. Milne.  I'm loving it too!  The cute childish thinking and dialogue make this one irresistible. It is such fun to curl up under the (electric) blanket with Noah and read before his nap.  I hope we can continue this for a very long time, even after Noah can read reliably on his own.

In the adult world of reading, Josh and I have been enjoying Oliver Twist for the first time.  Plastered on the front of the book are the words, "Children's Classics", which I have to doubt.  There are sentences in there which I have to re-read to be sure I understood the meaning.  But anyway, I've been reading that aloud to Josh here and there, and we are really getting into the story!  Can't wait to see how it turns out.  (Don't tell me if you know!)

We've also picked up a book recently by recommendation called, "Just Do Something" by Kevin DeYoung.  It's about biblical decision-making.  It seems like it will be a great read, though I can't endorse it yet, as I've only read the first 2 chapters.

Just thought I'd share what we've been reading lately.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth