The Drawing Board


Josh told me when we put Noah in preschool this year that he wanted me to start doing art projects again--he thought it would be good for me.  Well, the Fall slipped by and nary a sketchpad was brought out from hiding.  But the other day, in a fit of New Year's Resolutions, I decided to take Josh's advice and draw again.  Maybe paint.

So today, while Noah was at school, I dug out my drawing pencils and drawing board.  Couldn't find any sketch paper, so I had to use Noah's drawing paper.  My drawing pencils yawned, stretched, and blinked in the light of day, which they hadn't seen for years.  And here's what they did for me in the 20 minutes I had:



The proportions are off, of course, and I didn't have time to do any shading.  But for the first time in about 8 years it was me, my pencils, and Vivaldi (music is key!).  It was sheer bliss.  I hope soon to do another drawing of this same picture, taking more time to get it right.  

Art, I've missed you!  

Comments

Carrie said…
great job! I got to pick up my paints this year with the boys back in school. I painted the names of God and sent them in each week for the teen room since that was their study. I used Kay Arthur's book for inspiration. Keep up the great work!
Ruth said…
Well you may not think your drawing turned out that well, but trust me it's one million times better than what mine would have looked like if I had tried to draw that picture. You've got talent!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth