Blogging More in 2024

 



It's sort of fun that 2024 rhymes with "more." Josh and I have been making up not-real resolutions with phrases like, "Don't lose more in 2024." or "Read more in 2024." Well, I would like to blog more in 2024. To do this, I will have to time block and make it happen. My plan for now is to set aside 45 minutes 2 specific days a week for this purpose. I'm trying to convince myself that it doesn't always need to be really interesting stories or life lessons. I just want to faithfully record the Lord's doings in our family and in my own heart. Maybe sometimes that looks like deep thoughts and carefully chosen words, but I think more often than not it will simply be a record of the week. It may even be boring. *gasp*

We have just celebrated Christmas and the New Year. Both were beautiful because we didn't have to go anywhere. We were quietly at home, which is my favorite way to spend a holiday. I took down the Christmas tree the day after Christmas because it was losing needles faster than I could clean them up. If we sneezed too close to this tree, it would drop a few. 

Here are a few word snapshots of our daily life this week: 

The kids started back to school yesterday, and I have put the house back in order and I'm trying to be intentional about this new year. Less of Facebook and frivolous time wasting.

In my Bible reading, I read Psalm 1 today, which reminded me about my priorities. Am I allowing the world to influence my path? Am I delighting myself in the law of the Lord and meditating on it day and night?

In parenting we are navigating the deep, dark waters of technology with Noah. He is 16 and got a phone this past summer, which has been a "blurse" (blessing/curse). Knowing when he's headed home from soccer practice is fantastic. Him jumping down a rabbit hole of endless dumb conversations and worldly music is not so great.



Comments

Ruth said…
I will enjoy reading whatever you post. :) I am with you on the challenges of parenting in regard to teenagers owning their own phone. Nadia "sort of" had one since June 2022. She had one that could only be used with wi-fi (no data or ability to make a call). Ian and Nadia both got "real" phones (with phone numbers and data) a few months ago. I had originally planned to wait until they turned 16 like you did, but I caved because as it was, they got their phones much later than most kids their age around here. Screen time battles in general are not exactly my favorite aspect of parenting. Praying that they learn to use the tools appropriately before they are off on their own and won't have a parent limiting their screen time, etc.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth

Resolving Everyday Conflict