Losing My Tomatoes

I cut half a tomato this morning for my omelet and left the other half of the tomato on the counter. I do this. It's part of who I am. Half-cut tomatoes and cabinet doors left agape. It's how my husband knows it's my kitchen.

Well, at lunchtime I went to use said tomato for my salad and couldn't. find it. anywhere.  After a minute of looking I moved on, thinking I must be losing my marbles, and cut into another tomato.

After lunch I went to read Eden a story before naptime and walked into my living room:


What's that red ball-looking-thing in the middle of the floor?



Of course it is! My tomato, which I didn't lose after all, with three generous bites taken out of it. Three guesses who did it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth