Saturday Morning at the Skate Park



We don't often visit the skate park at our local park. There are several reasons, none of which sound good or reasonable to my 11-year-old.  So when Noah asked me last week for the twelfth time if we could go to the skate park, I made an appointment to take him and Seth at 8:30 the following Saturday. (I figured that was before it got too hot, and also before the tattooed, pierced, smoking, and usually foul-mouthed crowd that usually hangs out there would show up.) We wrote it on the calendar for all to see.

In the interest of honesty, I'm going to tell you that I dreaded this event all week long. No lingering over coffee in my nightgown over here! Well, as strongly as I dreaded it, my boys looked forward to it. Noah kept checking with me every evening to remind me that I had promised to take them to the skate park on Saturday. And this morning he couldn't wait.  We arrived at 8:29, and there was just one group of people there: a family with boys their ages. Must have been Family Hour at the skate park. (I had been right about it being too early for the normal skate park crowd) That family left after about 15 minutes, and then it was just us.

Also in the interest of honesty, I'm going to tell you that I had fun. I thoroughly enjoyed watching my boys enjoy themselves. They were showing me all their tricks and skills as only boys can do, and there was no where else that I would have rather been at that moment. Thank the Lord that He gives delight even in the unexpected blessings. This might even become our new Saturday morning tradition!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth