It Is What It Is

I wish I could be one of those bloggers who actually has the time to keep up their blog.  You know the type; there's always something new on their page--a fantastic photo they took, a funny true story from their daily grind, the best new recipe they've tried, or some witty and well-worded glimpse into their lives that leaves you saying, "yeah, me too!"  Most of my blog posts have to be content to set up shop in the recesses of my mind because I am just too busy to sit down and type them out.  Or find my camera and capture them...

Tonight we went over to Matt and Jen's for pizza and a little fellowship.  We were supposed to go to the Fair, but it was raining, and who wants to pay $8 a head to walk around wet fairgrounds with a bunch of wet kids, not riding the wet rides?  Didn't think so.  Anyway, so there we were in the living room, talking, and we look up and the whole couch is full of kids; Noah in the middle, and he's reading aloud a story to the rest of them.  If I could have taken a picture, I would have. 

There is Seth, who will be ONE on TUESDAY if you can wrap your brain around that (I can't!).  Growing up right before my eyes, and I'm hard-pressed to document it, just trying to stay afloat among waves of laundry and never-ending dishes. 


Noah lost his first tooth a couple weeks ago, and before I had time to get all excited and blog about it, he lost his second one 5 days later!!  

"Slow down!" I want to yell.  "Wait! I can't keep up!"  But life marches on heedlessly, whether I have time to blog about it or not.  So if you don't hear from me from time to time, it's likely because I'm changing a diaper, playing with a child, folding laundry, cleaning up after one of our myriad messes, cooking a meal, helping with homework, or...or...or...  I wear a lot of hats these days, and sometimes my blogger hat gets lost in the shuffle.  Just in case you were wondering. :) 


Comments

Ruth said…
I'd like to see a close-up photo of Noah to show off his two missing teeth. I had a hard time seeing it in that photo (maybe it's my aging eyes, lol). I hope you all have fun celebrating Seth's birthday!!
Ruth said…
Oh and that had to be SOOOOOOOOOOO precious to see Noah reading to his little cousins! I can't wait until Nadia is reading well enough that she can read to her brothers. I will likely be crying over that. How sweet!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth