Vacation Recap


We returned Wednesday from a week-long trip up to Connecticut and Pennsylvania to visit family and give Noah a chance to experience Autumn firsthand. He's only ever read about changing leaves in books! Here's a little of what we did last week (including several rousing games of Monopoly Deal as shown in the photo above):



Lots of dirt bike riding with Grampy.


Lots of traveling by air and by car. (In case you're wondering how I snapped this photo while driving, don't worry. I was stuck in a traffic jam. Which brings me to my next item..)

Lots of traffic. This was on the way to Pennsylvania. It rained. The. Whole. Way.

The sluggish traffic gave me multiple opportunities to take photos of the foliage from inside the car. So what if the window was streaked with rain?

Noah and Josh got to explore Penn's Cave near where my mom lives in PA. If you've never been in a cave, this is pretty much what it looks like:


Hee hee! Seriously, though, when you could actually see, it was like this:

This is the gift shop to the cave, where there was this enormous stuffed bear. (Real!) Sadly, this picture didn't turn out very well. Par for my course.

More driving. Less traffic.

Knoebels Grove amusement park! This is my kind of place, because parking and admission are free; you just pay for the rides you want to ride. There's Noah on the bumper cars.

We met a friend of mine, Ruth and her kids, at the park. Noah is sitting with her son Ian in this ride.

Josh being goofy.

Back in CT, this is the view from Talcott Mountain.

Grampy went along too!

Deciding which walking stick would be better. Deciding on both! :)

I did not get pictures of so many friends and family that we saw, once again hammering home the reminder to glue my camera to my hand. Got it.

We had a great time up North, and are back to life as we know it here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth